Monday, March 16, 2009

Random comments on a Monday night

Random Comment #1:

This weekend I got a head start on my tan. I was up at Mt. Holiday enjoying some beautiful spring skiing. It was bright sunshine and in the mid 50's all weekend. Needless to say I got a nice sunburn with some sweet sunglass lines included at no extra charge. Hopefully the spring is short and summer gets here quickly so I can get the sailboat back in the water. 

Here is a panoramic picture from the top of Mt. Holiday. It was kind of hazy but on a clear day you can easily see the entire Old Mission Peninsula from the top of the ski hill. One of my
 favorite views in MI. 
This is what I woke up to Saturday morning looking out the window of my grandparents old house on the peninsula. Now if we could just come up with a few hundred thousand dollars to keep it in the family for the rest of my life I would be all set. 

Random Comment #2: 

Saturday I left the ski hill at about 5:00p.m. I had the dog with me this weekend so I had to go home and let him out. Being back at the house early Saturday night I decided to start a fire in the fireplace and watch Saving Private Ryan. I've seen it before but wow. I'm not sure how historically accurate the movie actually is but even if it is 25% true those soldiers were true American Heroes. The men that fought in that war were a different breed of Americans than what we have today. (Not that our soldiers are not brave today) But for them to go into battle with few resources they had available to them is incredible. I know I personally don't have the strength or courage to put myself into that situation. It's a very touching moving and I highly recommend it, it really puts life into perspective. We don't have nearly as bad as people think we do. 

Random Comment #3: 

Last week a kid at GVSU was  shot in the chest by a Sherriff's deputy during a drug raid on the students off campus apartment. The facts are still limited but students and idiot individuals are going off like crazy on online news message boards and chat rooms. I can't believe the claims people make when they have no idea what actually happened on that night. These inbreeding morons are making claims outrageous claims and accusations before any of the facts have even been released. 

It is true the student was unarmed, and it has not been said as to why the officer fired the shot, nor will it be said until some time. The morons commenting on this case can't seem to get it through their thick skulls that police investigations like this take time because they don't want to screw it up and they are not going to release all the information right away. If this officer did indeed make a mistake and wrongfully discharged his weapon then that will come out in the investigation and appropriate action will be taken against him. I'd like to think we can have enough faith in the system to let it work this case out. Instead people are making this out to be the biggest case of crime and corruption in the world. Sure there are corrupt police departments, but this is Ottawa County for crying out loud. Let the system work and THEN make judgements on the case. Don't go around accusing cops of shooting people for the sake of shooting people. I for one appreciate the work the cops do for me, it's work I certainly wouldn't ever want to do.  I know here are corrupt cops out there and the officer involved in this case MAY be one of them, but there are also priests that molest little boys, it doesn't mean they are all like that.

Here's a tip: Don't buy and sell drugs from your home and you won't put yourself in a situation to get shot. Seems to be working pretty well for me and all of my friends. 

No comments: