Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rainy Rainy Day

I said told myself I wanted to start this blog and keep it up frequently but that didn't happen too much this week. This was my first full week back to work since everything happened back home. As I figured I was swamped with stuff at work. I spent most of Monday digging through my emails and getting caught back up. I had a difficult time getting my head back in the game this week. While physically I felt fine, mentally I felt like I just couldn't focus on anything. As the week progressed it did get better but man I felt out of it all week. I was starting to wonder if I needed to take some of that focus factor stuff they sell on TV. 

Seeing that it's pouring rain right now I decided not to go to Traverse City this weekend. It's been almost 4 weeks since I've been up there, something that never happens in the summer. I'm almost ready to just go up and get the boats out of the water and take this summer as a wash. I hardly made it up to TC between work, weather, and high gas prices. I guess now it can just turn cold and start snowing. I'm starting to get geared up for ski season again and that's getting me excited. The other day it was down in the low 40's and that felt great. Ski patrol classes started back up this week and I will start my instructor development classes over the next two weeks. Erika is joining the patrol this year and working towards her Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC) certification. Once my instructor development course is complete then I will be going on and taking the Senior level ski patrol certification. I figured I should do it now while the material is still fresh in my head. Plus sitting in and helping out with the OEC basic classes is a great way for me to keep my skills up. 

Right now I'm sitting at my office trying to get some work projects done. I brought the dog with me to keep me company so he's in the corner chewing on his bone and farting a lot. Yeah that's right, my dog can fart and I bet it's 10 times as worse as anything you have ever smelled before. I guess it's a Boston Terrier thing, for a little dog he packs a good punch. Even now that I have the entire office to myself I can't seem to get focused on accomplishing anything. I've got a bunch of work projects to get started or finished and I am also trying to create a better budget for my personal finances. When you make less than someone in a Chinese sweatshop it's difficult to keep up with a budget. 

I figured if I'm going to try and keep up with getting healthy and losing weight I should keep up with getting "financially fit" as well. Everyday this week I ate healthy and did some form of exercise for at least 30 minutes. If I can keep that up then reaching my goal of losing 30lbs. shouldn't be too difficult. Wish me luck. 



No comments: