Well this morning I got up to let the dog outside, walked downstairs and saw my car leaning to the left. The front left tire was totally flat, not exactly what I wanted to deal with at 7:30a.m. So I continued getting my stuff ready for work. I had to buy a new tire back in June and I had full intentions of getting one more new tire this weekend so I could have two fresh tires on the front of my car for winter. Given the fact I do so much driving I need to have good tires. I guess nature has its way of making things happen sooner than you planned. I took out the tools and started out with the intention of throwing on the spare and driving down to the tire shop to get the issue resolved.
Unfortunately I happened to inherit my dad's bad luck gene where any simple fix turns out to be nearly impossible and takes hours longer that it should. So first off my lug nut wrench was a cheap one that came with the car and was stripping the lug nuts. So I took Erika's car up to Meijer and bought a new one, came home and had good luck getting all but one of the lugs off. At this point I'm stuck, I can't put air in the tire because the hole is big enough it just comes back out and I can't get the tire off to put the spare on to go do anything with the car. I call my mechanic and he said he would bring some equipment home with him tonight and come over to help me out. While I am stuck here for the day I am pretty lucky to have such a wonderful mechanic who will bend over backwards to help his customers. Just a small set back for the day but we'll get it taken care of.
No comments:
Post a Comment