Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'm Back

Wow, I guess I really stink at this blogging thing. I'm been so busy lately the last thing I wanted to do was come home and do more typing on the computer. The last month has been a total blur with work stuff, wrapping up ski patrol, and trying to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life. 

First off, work; Working for a nonprofit in this economy is just short of suck. I've never seen money this tight before and I wonder what we will do if things don't turn around. Thankfully though we have some amazing supporters that really care about us. That was obvious last Tuesday when we held our annual golf outing. We were able to raise nearly $10,000 for the charity which was a shining moment for me, even though it was below what I "wanted" to raise. All in all though we came together and pulled off a fantastic event. 

Ski Patrol; I know the snow has been melted for a long time now but that hasn't stopped a new class of ski patrol candidates from studying and training for the 2009-2010 season. As an instructor I've been helping teach the Tuesday night classes for some time now. In fact, due to some changes in the teaching schedule, I've been doing something with ski patrol at least one night a week since October 2008. Once again when I jump into something, I jump into the deep end. I'm happy to announce though that after last Thursday we have 17 new members that will join the ranks at Cannonsburg next year. Now we just have to get them through their hill test as soon as the snow starts flying again. 

Life; I guess I've shorted my self some "me" time in the last few months. I really think I'm at that point in my life where I need to make some decisions and figure out where I want to be and what exactly it is I want to do when I grow up. Now that things are settling down I'm really hoping to find some more time to do some thinking and figure out exactly what it is that will make me tick. I'm contemplating going back to school and getting a Master's degree, I'm just not sure in what it will be yet. Currently I'm leaning towards the Masters in Public Administration but I think I need to do a little soul searching first before I just start taking classes.

I really think it's time to make some time for myself and I'm happy that my schedule will start to allow that now that work will settle down and ski patrol is finished for a few months. I've joined a gym and am really interested in getting into a strong workout schedule to take better care of myself. Erika and I have been pretty active so far this spring too trying to squeeze in long bike rides, runs, and sessions of racquet ball and tennis. Next up on my list of things to do is to create a list of things I "WANT" to do...my bucket list. 

More on that to come...


No comments: