No matter what you hear these days you can find a web site, newspaper, or talk show that will present the complete opposite side of any story. How are voters really supposed to know what's truth and what's a lie when there are companies and organizations out there spending millions and millions of dollars to spin any message in their favor?
So this started me thinking am I a Republican or a Democrat? I've never truly been able to answer this question and feel 100% okay with my answer. After taking a bunch of political quizzes and getting a bunch of different answers, I finally came to the determination that I am best described as a Libertarian. This did not surprise me as I have seen many interviews with Bob Barr, the Libertarian candidate for President, and he seems to be the only presidential candidate I can actually feel comfortable voting for.
The Obama/McCain camps do nothing more than continuously frustrate me. I cant listen to either one of them and think they truly do have the country's best interest in mind. I'm sick and tired of the spin and the rhetoric. This election seems to be more about electing the first African American president or the countries first female Vice President than it is about electing the person most qualified to point our country in the right direction. The left hates the right, the right hates the left and all we are doing is arguing back and forth as our country falls apart. I guess we have to keep listening to the lies and half-hearted promises until November and then we'll all fall back into our ways as these politicians forget what they said to get elected and start pushing their personal agendas.
If you're not sure where you fall on the spectrum:
2 comments:
actually, dems and republicans all work for the same people: corporations. Lobbyists pay both sides do do their bidding, so either way, you win (or lose) read Howard Zinn's "A People's History of the United States." Both parties agree on one thing: Big Business Rules.
Thanks for linking to my site from your blog
So if big business rules, what about the little guys? How do we as individuals or we as small businesses elect the leaders that will benefit us? So many people talk about electing the "lesser of two evils" Is that the answer or is there a better way to figure out who is right for our country?
Thanks for the comment and the suggested reading. I will have to take a look at the book.
Post a Comment