Time continues to fly during each week. Here is a recap of the last few days:
Thursday was the one year anniversary of when Erika and I "officially" started dating. Unfortunately we couldn't celebrate too much on Thursday evening because Thursday was also the night of Erika's Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC) test. There was lots of celebrating to be had later that night though as she passed her test and is now an Auxiliary Candidate for the National Ski Patrol. :) Now on to her basic snowboarding test.
Friday night we went out to The B.O.B and had a great dinner, played some pool, and went to a really funny show at Dr. Grins Comedy Club. The headliner was John Heffron, very funny. If you get a few minutes check out his web site. After the comedy club we drove over to Grandville to stop at the Chicago Drive Pub for a going away party for my old roommate. He's leaving GR and heading back to the east side of the state for a different job. We didn't stay long but it was fun to see some good friends that I haven't seen in awhile.
Saturday we got up at 6:30a.m. so Erika could be to the mall by 8:00 for a work meeting. I drove her to the mall because we had plans to do some shopping after her meeting. So I wasted two hours walking around the mall and cruising around 28th street. I even stopped in at the Verizon store and played with the new blackberry storm. I have to admit it's pretty sweet but I think the iphone is still better. Around 10:00a.m. I made my way back to the mall to do a little shopping. We spent about 45 minutes there before going to MC sports for their big ski and snowboard sale. We found some good deals there and headed down the road to Gazelle Sports to look for some boots for Erika and ski pants for me.
After our shopping was all finished up we heading home, grabbed a quick lunch, and put on our winter gear. Then we drove out to Grand Valley to watch GVSU kill Ashland in football. Last time Ashland came to GVSU they gave us a pretty good run for our money, this time however wasn't the same. We froze our butts off until the end of the 3rd quarter and then came home to watch GV finish up the 40-7 win. We spent the rest of Saturday evening trying to warm up and just relax after a busy day.
Sunday we slept in a little bit, had breakfast, and then went out to GVSU to play racquetball. We had a good time and I didn't get hit in the face by the ball...always a plus. We came home and cleaned up the apartment, grilled some chicken and asparagus, and then headed back out to MC Sports for their friends and family sale. We found some more great deals and got more shopping done. Other than one sister and Erika I have all my XMAS shopping done...way earlier than usual. Then we came home and watched the Guardian on TNT.
All in all I had a great weekend and I'm looking forward to another busy week. Senior Ski Patrol classes tomorrow, two thanksgiving dinners on Thursday, one on Friday, and then resting back in Midland for a few days with Porter, the new puppy, and my family.
Another blunder on Saturday
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment