Friday, November 28, 2008

Wal-Mart Maddness

The family and I just returned home from a short trip to Wal Mart to do some Christmas shopping. We set out for a few specific items after the store assured us the things we were looking for were in stock. Sure enough we get there and there wasn't anything we wanted, in fact after talking to another worker he said they probably had been out of them for awhile. Good thing we called and then made a special trip out there all because some lazy, stupid, half brain dead employee could lie to us because she didn't want to take the four an a half steps to the shelf to actually open her eyes and see for herself if what we were asking was indeed there or not. I guess lying was easier.  

So we let that go and looked for a few other items and had luck finding what we wanted. As we looked around the store though it really is amazing at the type of people you see there. Not that I'm trying to be mean or generalize but the Midland Wal Mart in particular was full of some pretty downright dirty and ignorant people. I'm no physical specimen of beauty and in no way am I 100% in shape but the folks we saw tonight were absolutely disgusting, out of shape, and wore filthy dirty clothes. There kids were obnoxious, untrained, and incredibly obese. Is this the future of our country? Do these people really not look in the mirror before walking out the door and realize they should at least try to clean up just a little or maybe set some ground rules with their kids so they don't piss off everyone in the store because of their screaming and yelling???

I know Wal Mart has some great deals and I know all sorts of people shop there. I have no problems with people shopping there but it just makes me think what our country is really going to be like in 20 years when the kids I saw tonight are all grown up. Just earlier this morning a Wal Mart employee was trampled to death when a crowd of 2,000 eager shoppers busted down the door and stampeded right over the man, not to mention they also knocked down a pregnant 28 year-old woman. Seriously? Is a good deal on a flat screen tv really worth another mans life? All those people should be forced to work as greeters at Wal Mart stores around the country  next year on Black Friday. 

Anyways, I just thought it was interesting to note what I observed tonight. I'm not one for making fun of or degrading people for their economic status or their hobbies or backgrounds but I at least think everyone should take a look at themselves before going out in public and check the image they are portraying to those around them, they might just realize they don't get any respect because they don't give any respect. 


No comments: