They say it takes 21 days to make something a habit. Seems like I start out and get to about day 7 and think, "This is going to be a piece of cake." Then something happens between days 7 and 10 and I give up completely.
Here's a status check on my new year's resolutions:
1. Blog more frequently: Not doing so great. I guess my life isn't interesting enough to post more than once a week...I'll keep trying.
2. Keep in better contact with friends: This has always been tough for me but I'm trying. In the last two weeks I've reached out to 4 friends I haven't heard from in a long time but there is more work to do.
3. Anger Management: I'm trying to just relax before I get upset. Calm down and think things through. I've done better but I need to keep trying.
4. No complaining about work: Sure there is the occasional night where I talk about work but I feel like I haven't been complaining as much, I guess I can say I haven't dropped this one completely...yet.
5. Take a Multivitamin: Shoot...again I made it to about day 12 or 15 and now it seems like its an impossible task.
6. Lose 40 pounds: Yeah, little to no progress here as well. My plan was to ski every day of the season. Well I had a great start in December but I have not been out cross country skiing in January at all. I manage 3-4 days a week on the downhill skis but XC will help with losing the weight. There is still plenty of winter left to step it up.
7. Run a marathon: Losing a few pounds will make this resolution a hell of a lot easier. Plus if I really get working on this resolution then losing weight will also be a hell of a lot easier. Too bad it hurts so much. The Grand Rapids Marathon is Sunday October 18, 2009. I better get to work.
8. Create my "Bucket List": Havn't done a damn thing with this one.
9. Pass my Senior National Ski Patrol Test: I guess out of all my resolutions this is the only one I'm serious about. I've been studying, practicing my skiing, and I have two practice clinics coming up. So far I feel pretty good about this test as long as the test day jitters don't get in the way.
10. Enjoy free time: Being up north on the weekends skiing all the time helps but I need to do a better job of coming home and not getting on the computer within the first 2.57 seconds I walk in the door. I have been trying to read a little more though but once again it's been a half assed attempt.
Gumption: initiative; aggressiveness; resourcefulness...I need some more gumption.
I'm off to Petoskey for the weekend. Ski clinic Saturday at Boyne Highlands and toboggon clinic Sunday at Boyne Mountain. Looking forward to skiing the "big" hills for a change.
3 comments:
I wish there was an easier way to keep resolutions too. I even typed mine up and put it on the wall next to my bed, I look at them every night, but I don't think I have followed through on any of them. We will have to start over on these resolutions i guess, try Feb 1st instead. :) Good luck this weekend!!
Katie
Hey Coin's brother!
I stop in every once in awhile to see what goes in your world and I was cracking up over your 10 things that annoy you.
When I was younger, I loved to spend time with my dad. There was NOTHING that will ever compare to the awkwardness when the Tampax commercials came on. I would always stop breathing and wonder...does he KNOW what those are for? I hope he doesn't think that I use them!
P.S. My new year's resolution this year was to not make any resolutions that I could not keep....so I didn't make any.
Post a Comment