These new skis turn so much harder, faster, and cut through ice and hard pack like a hot knife through butter. They are by far the most high-tech advanced ski I've ever been on and will take some time getting used. I've been told it takes nearly a year to become comfortable on these skis and really learn how to dial them in to make them do what you want. I can't wait to get out and do a few more runs.
Unfortunately tonight I didn't get to ski too much as we also had another Senior training night. We got to practice some pretty good emergency scenarios outside for a few hours. Then we found out the test were practicing for on Saturday had been cancelled. Shoot. All this work and time and it is going to be rescheduled. Now I'll have to give up another one of my up north weekends to go take this test. It's good because it will allow me to practice more and feel more confident but in a way I wanted to have it this weekend to really put me on the spot so I could get some valuable feedback on how I can become a better patroller. I guess you only get better with more practice though and that's what I'll be doing every Thursday night from now on.
Now with the test cancelled I'm pretty excited about doing more skiing this weekend. It's 12:00a.m. and we've had about 4" of fresh powder come down since I left at 6:00p.m. for the hill. The temps are down in the teens and the wet snow we had on the ground should set up nicely for a base this evening. Then add that fresh snow on top and tomorrow should be an absolutely beautiful day to get out and do some cross country skiing back in the woods.
All I have to do now is decide if I want to be late for work in the morning and go skiing first thing or skip out early and get to the trails before it gets dark. Ahhh the decisions I have to make. ;)
1 comment:
Ahhhh decisions decisions.
The resort my husband and I have season passes at (in CO) only has a 23 inch base. But were taking our rock skis and going this weekend. Hopefully it'll get dumped on before Sunday. One can only hope.
Here from your sisters blog.
Thanks for opening it up for me to comment!!!
Post a Comment