Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Quick Update

Saturday & Sunday I went cross country skiing again. Sunday morning was sunny and beautiful and there was still a lot of snow on the trees back in the woods. Friday-Sunday I ended up skiing about 10 miles. On my way to that 200 mile goal for the winter. I went back on a 1.5 mile trail deep in the woods and found this old oil derek. This area of Kent and Ottawa Counties is scattered with these little oil wells. I went off the trail and got in closer for this B & W pic. 

Monday night Erika and I went up to Cannonsburg for our first actual patrol night of the season. I got some great runs in on my news ski's and I'm loving them. Erika spent some time snowboarding with a few of the people from her class and I was doing some ski training with another patroller. We ended up getting one call for a girl with a lower leg injury but it didn't seem too serious. Good to get the first injury of the season out of the way, let's hope they are all that easy. 

Tonight I ended up working until about 5:45 and then picked up Erika from the bus stop so we could go out to Gazelle sports and pick up her boots that she's getting for Christmas. The drive out there took forever because we were right at rush hour plus there was one idiot that drove his car into the ditch at the interchange of East Beltline and I-196, that backed things up for miles. I got home and had to go out and ski 4 laps around the back yard to say I got my skiing in for the day. So far it's 5 days in a row with skis on my feet....gotta keep it up to reach my goal of skiing every night of the season. 

Lastly, I'm excited to announce that after a long time in the works we've launched a new web site for Alternatives in Motion. I'm not going to talk about work much in this blog but this has been a big project for me this year. Not only did we re-design our logo but we also did a new web site, newsletter, eNewsletter, and new letterhead and business cards. The new web site will be much easier to maintain than our last one and we've added some great features. Hopefully it will help draw in a few donations in this struggling economy too. If you get a few minutes, log on to www.alternativesinmotion.org and take a look around. 

That's all for tonight. 
















No comments: